Functions of Compost Turner
Compost turner has become the core equipment of dynamic aerobic composting in virtue of the important effects on compost and fermentation.
- Mixing function in tempering of raw materials: in composting, it is necessary to add some minor ingredients in order to adjust the carbon nitrogen ratio, pH value and water content of raw materials. Main raw materials and minor ingredients that are put together according to certain proportion could be mixed uniformly by professional compost turner for better tempering.
- Adjusting the temperature of raw material piles: during the working process, compost turning machine can make raw materials fully contracts and mixture with air, which can adjust the temperature of piles conveniently. Air helps aerobic microorganisms to produce fermentation heat actively, pile temperature rising. Meanwhile, if piles temperature is high, turning piles can bring the supply of fresh air, which can lower the temperature. And various beneficial microorganisms grow and breed in the adaptive temperature range.
- Improving the permeability of ingredient piles: composting system can also crush the stick and ropy raw materials into small mass, making piles fluffy, stretchy, and with appropriate porosity, which has been an important standard to measure the performance of compost turner.
- Adjusting the moisture of raw material piles: The water content of raw materials for fermentation should be controlled within 55%. In the fermentation process, biochemical reaction would generate new water while the consumption of microorganism to raw materials also cause water dissociate due to losing carrier. And using composting machine to turn piles could emit vapour compulsorily
- Realizing the special requirement of composting process: For instance, compost turn could realize the requirements of crushing raw materials or mensurable shifting. Go here to know more about compost turner
Tips for Choosing Compost Turner
Whether you’re just entering the market, or are experienced with composting and looking to grow your operation, questions always arise as to what type of compost turner would best fit your needs and bottom line.The choices would narrow substantially after considering the factors, conditions and objectives of the composting operation.
- When purchasing a compost turner, evaluate the equipment with regard to the safety of the operator, other site workers and bystanders. As a minimum, make sure the equipment has the CE mark.
- The output of a compost turner is determined by its working travel speed and the size of the windrow that it can handle. Larger and more powerful machines generally have greater throughput rates because they process larger raw material piles, so readers could choose it according to the required material piles turning throughput.
- Also consider the aisle space required by the compost turner. Self-driven compost turners need less aisle space than towed models.
- Cost and budget, of course, also affect the choice of composting equipment. The machine with larger throughout and capacity would have higher prices, so choose one suitable for your requirement and budget.
In brief, compost turner accelerates composting in several ways. It mixes the composting mass, breaks apart particles, disturbs pockets of irregular materials and disperses moisture, nutrients and organisms. if you need it, you can check https://fertilizerequipmentmanufacturer.com/organic-fertilizer-compost-turner/ to get it.