Everyone must be familiar with cows, and they are fed in many places in the countryside. The whole body of a cow is a treasure, we all know this very well. Even cow dung with a special smell has a certain use value. Many people must think it is incredible, but the fact is that after processing cow dung, it can be made into organic fertilizer. Click here for more details
How to ferment cow dung fast?
1. Dry cow dung: The lack of water in dry cow dung cannot be fermented, and sufficient water must be added. After adding enough water, pile it up into a big pile, and then cover it with a plastic sheet to ferment, so that the fermentation will be faster.
2. Fresh cow dung: If it is fresh cow dung, various auxiliary materials need to be added during fermentation to absorb the moisture in the fresh cow dung. Too much moisture can easily lead to airtightness, and microorganisms cannot produce fermentation. There are various choices of accessories, the purpose is to absorb some of the moisture in the fresh cow dung. Accessories – general choices: sawdust, straw, straw ash, carbon, etc.
What are the advantages of fermented manure as organic fertilizer?
1. The functional microorganisms in the organic fertilizer fermented with cow dung and sheep dung have an inhibitory effect on harmful pathogens. The fecal starter contains large functional beneficial microorganisms, and most of the beneficial microorganisms will be retained after the fermentation of the fecal organic fertilizer is completed. Functional microorganisms are applied into the soil together with cow dung organic fertilizer, and multiply rapidly, forming dominant populations in the crop rhizosphere soil micro-ecosystem, inhibiting the growth and reproduction of other harmful microorganisms, and even antagonizing some harmful pathogens, reducing harmful microorganisms chance of harm.
2. The cattle manure fermented organic fertilizer has more comprehensive nutrition and promotes the healthy growth of plants. It has been proved by the practice of many fecal fermentation organic fertilizer users that the crops have good plant type, enhanced disease resistance, and reduced disease occurrence after cow dung fertilizer application. For example, in the cabbage experiment, after using chicken manure organic fertilizer, the incidence of plant-specific fungus soft rot was 2%, while the incidence of using vegetable-specific fertilizer and direct use of manure was 17% and 20%, respectively.
3. Functional microbial metabolites in bovine fermented organic fertilizers can improve crop resistance. The microorganisms remaining in the cow dung organic fertilizer secrete various metabolites into the crop rhizosphere soil micro-ecosystem during the process of growth and reproduction. These metabolites can improve the photosynthesis of plants, stimulate plant growth, and improve the ability of crops to resist adverse environments, so that diseases rarely occur during the growth of crops.
Precautions for cow dung organic fertilizer fermentation
1. In summer and autumn, the film should be removed in the morning and evening for ventilation (1~2 hours). When the weather is fine, the film can be removed in the evening of the previous day and covered in the next morning. After 4-6 days of composting, the composting temperature can rise to 60-70°C. After 10 days of composting, the compost can be turned over once, and the compost can be fully cooked after 20 days of composting, the fertilizer content will be improved, and pests will be eliminated.
2. Dry cow dung and fresh cow dung are fermented differently, so everyone needs to pay attention to. The method of making organic fertilizer from cow dung is actually not difficult. It requires fermentation. In the process of fermentation, some auxiliary materials need to be added in it, and then it can be used after a week to half a month. If you want to learn more, please check https://fertilizerequipmentmanufacturer.com/how-to-make-organic-fertilizer-from-cow-dung/